Mansfield Visitor Information
Mansfield: A Gateway to the High Country
Mansfield is a charming town located in the foothills of the Victorian Alps, also known as the High Country. With its scenic beauty, rich history, and outdoor attractions, Mansfield is a popular destination for tourists seeking a peaceful escape from the hustle and bustle of city life.
Mansfield is located approximately 180 kilometers northeast of Melbourne. The easiest way to reach Mansfield is by car or bus. The drive takes around two hours and is a beautiful scenic journey through the Victorian countryside.
Mansfield offers a variety of accommodation options for visitors, including hotels, motels, bed and breakfasts, and camping grounds. Some of the most popular places to stay in Mansfield are:
- The Deck Quarters
- The Alzburg Resort
- The High Country Holiday Park
- Camp Howqua
Mansfield is home to a wide range of attractions that cater to all types of visitors. Some of the must-see attractions in Mansfield include:
- Mansfield Zoo: A family-friendly zoo featuring a variety of exotic and native animals.
- Lake Eildon National Park: A picturesque parkland that offers a range of outdoor activities, including hiking, fishing, and boating.
- Mount Buller: A premier ski resort that offers world-class skiing and snowboarding during the winter months.
- Mansfield Heritage Walk: A walking tour that takes visitors through the historic buildings and landmarks of Mansfield.
Mansfield is home to a variety of restaurants and cafes that serve up delicious food and drinks. Some of the most popular places to eat in Mansfield are:
- The Produce Store
- Duck Inn Pub & Kitchen
- Mansfield Coffee Merchant
- Tai Siam Thai Restaurant
Mansfield is a beautiful town that offers a unique blend of natural beauty, outdoor activities, and cultural attractions. Whether you're looking for a peaceful getaway or an adventure-filled holiday, Mansfield has something for everyone.